When Google made the Penguin algorithm update, people started thinking that all sites that created mass quantities of content became useless for their SEO and marketing purposes. When used with Squidoo, however, articles can become a powerhouse for driving valuable traffic to your site along with strong links. Squidoo lens’ rank decreased slightly – however, Squidoo lost less ground than any of the other sites including ezinearticles.com or Yahoo Voices and Helium which were all severely hurt for poor quality and duplicate content issues as well as piles of non-relevant links.
– If you can create well written content to promote your affiliate, you are ahead of the game. That is something that article directories do not allow. You can create keyworded, high quality content in articles to increase traffic to your Squidoo lens where your affiliate links are located. A major key of it all depends on being an active community member to actually realize maximum benefits in order to increase exposure and promote social network sharing.
– While Google has cracked down on low quality links, you can still get well written articles with high page rankings for their keyword on first page of Google in some instances. When your articles point to your lens which points to your affiliate site, you will be receiving highly targeted traffic which means more conversions.
– You should be using your Squidoo lens url as the website URL in your resource box when submitting articles to create a backlink. Google will not penalize this as the two are related. If you publish ten articles in one day and get ten backlinks to your Squidoo lens, that is a big boost. You get quality PR relevant backlinks and traffic.
– If some of your entries are deemed valuable enough, they will rank highly for your long tail keyword phrases and drive traffic directly to your Squidoo lens which again, presents you with targeted traffic that is ready to convert. Penguin is again, not penalizing this.
People have begun using Squidoo for links since the Penguin arrived because they are valued by Google – just as they were during Panda. Creating relevant backlinks to your Squidoo lenses will help you get high page rankings. This can increase the rankings of your pages or site and help you boost your online visibility. Don’t give up on link building elsewhere, just be aware that Squidoo lenses carry a lot of linking value. Create great content with relevant links and Google will find it! The key is to keep it clean, use a pattern, and make sure you participate on Squidoo for maximum benefits. If you don’t participate you not only lose potential SM value but the chance to have some fun with your link building!
- Effective Techniques To Make Online Marketing Successful
- Six Steps to a Winning Blog Post
- Why You Need a Professional Linkbuilding Company
- SEO Checklist for Beginners
- Top SEO Tune-Up Recommendations
- Why You Should Hire an SEO from Day One
- Successsful Blogging
- 10 Ways to Use Social Media for SEO
- SEO for the Long-Term: What You Need to Know
- 12 Barriers to SEO (and How to Overcome Them)